Thursday, April 1, 2010

Journal 32

1. Describe a memorable learning experience
A memorable learning experience would be when my dad taught me how to prepare the main dish for dinner which was spaghetti. I never really cooked, I was used to my parents making me dinner or making myself a microwavable dinner. That day dad called me over and told me exactly that I was going to learn how to make this and I have to make it all by myself next time. So I asked questions about cooking the ground beef and the spaghetti noodles. My dad and I bonded and it was a very funny experience that's why I remember it the most. It’s good that he taught me how to cook a main dish.

2. What is your vision for the ideal school?
My ideal vision of a school is having the students do a lot of the projects and work in school and not at home so the the teachers can interact with the students and make sure that the students understands the work. I also think that there should be life skills classes for the students to know how to be a good person and student.

3. What do you need to learn? &How would you learn it best?
I think that we need to learn life skills, social skills, studying skills, and responsibility. With life skills students will know how to be better people and how not to make the wrong choices. We need Social skills because everyone should know how to talk to people no matter what their age is and in the appropriate way. Studying skills because we also need to be good in school and studying will help each student become a better learner. We also need to learn responsibility because students have to know how to take care of themselves and how to avoid bad situations.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Desha,
    Your "spaghetti experience" sounds like a fun one :) So now, are you the family spaghetti cook then?
    Your vision of school is a thoughtful one. I like the way you listed each skill you think is important for students and then explained why you think they are important.
    Assessment score: 3/4
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete