Thursday, December 3, 2009

Angry Letter RD

1525 Kamehameha IV Road
Honolulu, HI 96819
December 3, 2009

Dear Regal Cinema Administration,

I have been coming to your Theatre for many years and I have been served with great service. I have had no issues with your theatre before and it keeps me coming back.
However, my friends and I were one of those twilight fans that went to the midnight premiere on November 21, 2009. This had been the first movie premiere we have ever been to and we didn’t know what to expect. When I got into a movie theatre I noticed that there were no seats available at the back of the theatre. I would rather prefer the back seats because the seats at the front hurt my neck. I went to the the other theatre rooms that were playing the 12:03 New Moon Movie to see if there would be any open seats at the back. At every theatre there was the same problem, no seats. We noticed that many people were saving seats for other people. If people were not allowed to save seats during premiere nights, many seats would be unclaimed and people would get better seats. I understand that there were many people who came to the New Moon premiere and it was a very busy night but I feel that your staff should have been directing people to empty seats and not allowing people to save a lot of seats. If those people who had saved seats were getting food and snacks then your theatre should consider having a cart that goes to the rooms so people can get their snacks from the cart instead of leaving the room. I feel that your staff should come up with a more reasonable way to handle the viewers on Movie Premiere Nights.

Other than ending up in one of the front seats, the movie was worth watching and where I sat didn’t matter anymore.

But I do feel that your staff should find a better to handle the viewers and come up with a solution to prevent people from saving seats.

Sincerely,

Desha Garcia

3 comments:

  1. Finding seat that night was absolutely hectic. I knew where you were coming from in writing this letter since I was with you, but I think it needs a bit of work with organization & you could've been more specific and detailed about the people in the theaters that night (how they were laying down and sleeping on seats, bags and jackets were on empty seats, people leaving one or a couple seats between them because they didn't want to sit next to someone that they didn't know, etc.) Your suggestions are good, especially about the food carts in the theater and staff directing people to seats and enforcing that saving seats aren't allowed by making everyone move all the way down to one side of the theater and filling in all seats.

    Daryenne'Noel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Desha,

    I heard about that movie premiere being a crazy, with a lot of people.
    I like how your structured your essay, you started with the good points and transitioned to your concerns about your visit to the movie theater, then to how it was worth sitting in the front and at the very end you made a suggestion to the theater.

    Adding a little more specific details in your writing will be good. Like how the theater staff were handling things since you in your letter you were saying " I feel that your staff should come up with a more reasonable way to handle the viewers on Movie Premiere Nights. ". Maybe you could add how the people who were already sitting there how much seats did they save? Describe a little more about how other people were in there. Maybe you could put more voice and feelings about how you felt when you seen people saving seats.

    Other then that, I think you wrote a good essay.

    -Raena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Desha,
    It sounds as if the premiere night was a neat experience...hmmm...and it came right after our overnighter too...yikes!

    Anyways, I think your teammates have made good suggestions. Daryenne's comments about more specific detail about the behavior of the audience were good, especially the part about people leaving open seats because they didn't want to sit next to strangers. That would make your request for the staff to direct people to fill in every seat a reasonable one.

    I think Rana's question about approximate numbers of people and saved seats is a good one, too, as it will help show the extent of the problem.

    Both Dary and Raena noticed that you acknowledged the con in the letter, but I think you can do it in a little more detail. Right now, it is so general that it lacks authenticity. What you want to do with the con is to prove that you are a good customer, one that the theater management should listen to. You do this by specific detail to show how you have patronized their business.

    I think that's it. Good luck on the revision.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete